Thanks again to the creator of this Wife of a Sailor
1. What is the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
Probably my college graduation trip to Colorado from Alabama. I had a BLAST and completely fell in love with Colorado during the week that I spent in Estes Park.
2. Do you collect anything? Tell us a bit about it.
I collect shot glasses from places that I’ve been as well as places that my friends/family visit. My Daddy built a collection case for me and I will soon be asking to build another one.
3. What is your favorite part about being an adult?)
Being married! Seriously, I love being married to my best friend and sharing a life with him.
4. What song brings a tear to your eye?
Glitter by P!nk, Bubbly by Colbie Caillat (we danced to that at our wedding) and More Time by Needtobreathe
5. Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc).
Hmmmm, I am really not sure. I remember flying to TX and NV to visit grandparents when I was 16 years old but I am not sure if that was my first plane ride or not. Nonetheless, I enjoy flying and actually flew to Japan on my own to see my brother while he lived there.
Now it’s your turn My MilSpouse friends
1. What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away?
It’s not really secret but I watch all the shows and movies that he’s not interested in. Currently I am finishing up the Alias series and will then start Mad Men. I watch documentaries/docudramas that he’d never watch, Like ones about Che. I also find that I am reading A LOT more (well, excpet for this week) and I am very happy about that. Whenever I get back into reading I remember how much I love it and realize how much I’ve missed it.
Oh yeah, and I eat frozen fishsticks-he HATES those :-p
2. If you were a spice, what would you be?
Cumin. I heart it so much and add it to any Mexican dish that I cook.
3. Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed?
Friends, family, church and my furbabies. There is nothing like a cuddly kitty or a doggie kiss to brighten a bad deployment day.
4. What is the oldest thing you own?
I honestly have no idea….probably a courdoroy skirt that I bought when I was a freshmen in college.
5. How did you vision your future pre-military?
I wanted to live in a big city, in a hip section of town and be a stay at home granola momma. Actually, I still want that The essentials of my dreams for the future didn’t change much when I met P and married him. He supports my dreams and in fact has helped me to develop more dreams
Thanks Wifey for another set of fun questions!
1. Tell us about your dream job… one that you could do regardless of pay.
I would LOVE to own an animal rescue, out in the coutry where there would be plenty of room for playing and lounging in the sun.
2. What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don’t count!)?
There are 3 A necklace that my oldest brother had made for me before he deployed, a jade necklace that my middle (older) brother gave to me and my engagement ring.
3. What has been your favorite duty station and why?
It’s a tie between HAAF in Savannah and Ft. Carson, CO (where we are now). I loved Savannah for so many reasons-the history, tons of things to do, close to the beach, great shopping and the sheer beauty of it. I love Colorado Springs too-the mountains, plenty to do and see, 4 seasons and snow
4.What is your least favorite household chore?
Folding and putting away dishes. I DESPISE IT.
5.If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be?
Don’t get a credit card until you can pay it off in full every month. Learned that lesson the hard way.