Today we went to the RE so that P could get tested and we can start IUI #3. After the appt (no, we don’t have answers yet but expect to have them soon) we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a late lunch. Normally we’d drink beer with wings but since it’s Monday, I’m sick and we both have to work tomorrow we had water. Some how this provided the perfect opportunity to discuss IF and our options. I think it was the perfect b/c we are on an IUI break this month so my hormones/emotions are relatively stable. So, we came up with a plan…..kind of :-p
We have time to do about 4-5 more IUIs here before we move to our next duty station. Hopefully we will get pregnant before we move so then we don’t have to worry about the rest of the plan :-p If not, then we plan to evaluate exactly what we want to do in CO. For sure I will start acupunture and focusing more on alternative/natural ways to improve things. *I would start acupunture here but there is not an acupuncturist near us.* We want to buy a home and pay off our remaining credit cards when we move to CO, so we are just not sure about committing to getting more in debt with IVF at that time. Also, my hubs will most likely deploy next year so we are on a time crunch as far as referrals and infertility treatments. What we do know is that we are not ready to seriously consider adoption just yet. We both strongly feel and want to be birth parents to our children. Not saying that either path is better than the other, we just not ready to consider the one path just yet.
Another good thing that came out of today’s conversation was P’s feelings about not being able to see his son. Moving to CO will put us closer to P’s family and will make visitation somewhat doable. Of course, his ex has already said that if she decides to let P see their son, she will never let me see him. That’s a fight that I don’t feel like taking on right now so as long as P gets to see his son, I’ll be content. Like I’ve told P before, the truth about everything will come out one day, and when it does C will know the truth. P hasn’t been perfect and neither has L, C’s mother, but at least C has matured and has tried to build a parenting relationship with L. It’s a shame that she won’t grow up and do what’s best for C.
So to recap (b/c I think that I’m feverish and might be rambling)-with the infertility we will do IUIs as long as we are here. If Im not preg by the time we move to CO, I will start acupunture and other natural remedies. We will also evaluate the cost of IVF to see if it’s something that we can afford at that time.
Shit, when I write it out that simply it doesn’t seem nearly as much of a PLAN as I thought; but it actually is for us. P doesn’t like to talk much about infertility and what we will do, so today was a big step for him….to actually sit there and think 6-9 months down the road. It also makes ME feel better to have him talk about the future and our path on this infertility journey.
Ok, now I really am rambling. Time to get off the blog before I become nonsensical.